Looking for scam-free ways to make money from home? There are plenty of companies operating in the virtual solutions niche offering customer service positions you can use to great advantage. And if, by any chance, you appear to be a tech savvy who cares about people and feels good when helping others deal with current issues, the customer service advisor position at Concentrix will certainly suit you well.
Concentrix is a work from home call center company specialized in business services such as marketing, sales, customer assistance and technical support. It enjoys an endless list of clients (including Apple and Samsung) in the Media & Communication, Travel, Transportation & Tourism, Banking, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Healthcare, Automotive, Government & Public Sector, Consumer Electronics, Retail & e-Commerce, and Technology industry. In the span of forty years, Concentrix has become a synonym of respect and stability for delivering top quality service in multi-cultural environment. Having over 54,000 employees in 24 countries worldwide, the company is among the largest providers of home-based job positions. Whether part or full-time, all Concentrix jobs leave room for advancement.
About the Job
Basically, Concentrix home-based customer service representatives (or advisors) are expected to handle inquiries. You will have to collaborate and provide support to various customers over the phone, via email or any web channel necessary. In essence, your role will be to listen to customers and find ways to solve their problems. They will be telling you about their needs and difficulties and you’ll have to find the best way to help. While some problems will be simple to solve, others will be complex, nonetheless, you must find the best possible solution to leave the customers satisfied. Depending on the clients’ needs, your duties will vary from scheduling appointments, performing web research, data entry, employee record maintaining, online article writing to account management and emails answering. Be sure to note, remote customer service position will require working on weekends, evenings and holidays. Also, some clients may require from you a work background or credit check.
To make the perfect match for a home customer service advisor, you must meet several requirements. Here is what Concentrix are looking for:
- ability to interact with customers in a polite and timely manner; interpersonal skills
- at least 1 year experience on a customer service position
- at least 1 year experience in a particular industry (like travel, for example)
- excellent computer literacy
- English fluency
- next to perfect listening and speaking skills
- high typing speed
- high school diploma or equivalent
Additional skills and talents that can make your candidacy stand out:
- technology native
- comfortable using Microsoft Windows
- interest in a particular field
- fluency in other languages, except English
- multitasking skills
- availability for work on weekends, evenings, and/or holidays
- college or university degree
- international certifications or other academic achievements
- strong negotiation skills
- problem-solving thinking
- in-depth knowledge in a particular professional area
- ability to remain positive in stressful situations
What system and technical equipment do I need to have?
- Fast and steady Internet connection – Your Internet speed will be tested as part of the application process. The preferable speed for download is 5 mbps and for upload – 1.5 mbps.
- Fast working computer with installed reliable anti-virus software, running MS Windows.
- You must provide yourself a 17-inch monitor screen with resolution capabilities 1024 x 768. Flat panel monitors are preferable. Importantly, Concentrix doesn’t allow employees to use smart televisions as monitors.
- Properly set home office in a quiet and distraction-free environment.
- Basic Landline Telephone Service
- A pair of headphones which the company must approve before you begin to work
To join Concentrix internationally-recognized team of virtual workers, you need to register. Thankfully, application process doesn’t require much effort. To start, visit the official page and click on the Careers menu. To narrow down the search, simply type “work from home” in the Search Jobs box. Thus, you’ll be able to explore a list of open positions related to work from home customer service and real-time analyst positions. Read carefully the entire job posting, and if you are still interested, click on the Apply Online button. They will ask you to sign in with your account. Accept the Privacy Agreement and proceed on with filling the application form.
How much does Concentrix pay?
Generally, the start pay rate for the home-based customer service position is $9.50/hour. Part-time work-from-home positions require availability 20 to 35 hours per week. This means, you can earn between $ 185 and $324 per week, and if you do well, your hourly pay rate can go higher soon.
Method of payment?
Concentrix pays their at-home agents every two weeks via direct deposit into their bank accounts or a live check mailed thru USPS.
Is this a worldwide job opportunity?
No. Concentrix hires work from home agents only from 47 of the 50 US states. They do not hire in California, Vermont, and Alaska. Occasionally they hire agents for their customer service positions from Canada.
Is this an independent contractor opportunity?
No. You will work for Concentrix as an employee. The great thing is, you will enjoy some benefits, including life insurance, Holiday pay, and bonuses based on your performance. The company has more benefits approved for full-time remote workers.
Concentrix receives mixed reviews. While some employees, former and current, say this is a nice place to work with many options for promotion and the management would listen to everyone’s opinion, others complain about pay issues, poor training and general gaps in the company politics towards employees.
I think, this is a good place to sharpen your communication skills as well as gain valuable knowledge and experience in a particular industry. Although paycheck errors can be a real deal-breaker, if you are okay with it as well as working on weekends and some holidays, go for this opportunity. Explore the vacant home-based positions and apply for the one that best meets your needs and skills. Before you decide, you might want to check the reviews on Glassdoor.
Ready to take the Concentrix challenge, explore the remote job postings on their Careers page and apply.
How do you feel about working remotely as a customer service advisor for Concentrix? Do you have any existing experience in the call center industry? Was it great or frustrating?
It’d be wonderful to hear your comments, so please leave your thoughts below!
Interested in more work from job opportunities from legitimate companies, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.